Sunday, October 21, 2012

Single serving Cookie


        First, I have to say I can't think of many good reasons to only make one cookie. I'm all for making dozens at a time. That way, you can have some right out of the oven, and save some for later. Second, I'm not sure cookie is an accurate description either. Maybe, "Single Serve Chocolate Chip Bar". The flavor was just like a chocolate chip cookie. However the texture was a lot closer to that of a brownie. Criticisms aside, it was pretty good. My wife found it on Pinterest. It leads to a blog that is no longer available so I'll just include a link to the pin. The pin my wife found and re-pinned can be found at http://pinterest.com/pin/133208101449311094/ and the process is:

 Mix into microwave safe cup or bowl
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
  • 3 drops of vanilla
  • a pinch of salt
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 2 tablespoonfuls chocolate chips
Then microwave 40 - 60 seconds. 


         The power of microwave ovens vary a lot from one persons to the next, so you will need to experiment a bit to get the time just right. I also like my cookies a little chewy and gooey. I might try it with a whole egg next time just to see how it turns out. 

      At any rate it was really easy and tasted great. I think the best use for this recipe would be to make this in a bowl and then scoop some ice cream on top. Maybe a little chocolate or caramel syrup and you've got yourself a Chocolate Chip Cookie Sunday. Sounds great to me, I'll have to give it a try sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment